Traffic Safety News
- U.S. Regulator Investigating Tesla Over a Video Game Feature
Drivers can be distracted playing games while the vehicle is in motion, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration said, following a New York Times report earlier this month.
Neal E. Boudette. New York Times. Wed, 22 Dec 2021 21:05:47 +0000.
- Tesla Under Scrutiny Over Lack of Recall After Autopilot Update
In a letter, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration reminded Tesla that federal law requires automakers to initiate recalls if they find defects that pose a safety risk.
Neal E. Boudette. New York Times. Wed, 13 Oct 2021 20:55:07 +0000.
- Why do Tesla cars keep crashing into emergency response vehicles? Federal safety agency is investigating
The top federal traffic safety regulator says Tesla's partially automated driving system, Autopilot, failed to spot parked police cars and fire trucks. It wants to know why.
Russ Mitchell. Los Angeles Times. Mon, 16 Aug 2021 08:30:09 -0400.
- Hundreds of drivers complain Ford Explorer exhaust making them sick
Hundreds of drivers have been complaining about car exhaust leaking into the cabin of Ford Explorers. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration has investigated, but says there haven't been any serious injuries. ...
CBS News. Tue, 27 Apr 2021 13:41:12 -0400.
- Drivers using hands-free tech still unfocused, study finds
Many cars made today have technology that is supposed to fight distracted driving, but a new study from the AAA Foundation for Traffic Safety shows how going hands-free can be more dangerous and distracting than first thought. ...
CBS News. Fri, 09 Apr 2021 15:10:11 -0400.
- Ford Recalls Millions to Replace Takata Airbags
Ford is recalling about 2.6 million cars, SUVs, and trucks in the U.S. and its territories to replace driver-side Takata airbags. The announcement comes after the National Highway Traffic Safety ...
Jeff S. Bartlett. Consumer Reports. Sat, 13 Mar 2021 01:23:23 +0000.
- NHTSA Asks Tesla to Recall Model S and Model X
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration has asked Tesla to recall approximately 158,000 Model S and Model X EVs that could have a problem related to their display screen, backup ...
Benjamin Preston. Consumer Reports. Thu, 14 Jan 2021 21:55:50 +0000.
- Tesla suggests repair shops use 'easy fixes' for potentially dangerous issues in service bulletins
Tesla's service bulletins, recommendations sent to repair shops to fix issues, include 'alarming' suggestions that have caught the attention of the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
Daily Mail. Fri, 08 Jan 2021 00:50:57 GMT.
- NYPD nab suspect seen in video assaulting 2 traffic agents
NYPD detectives have arrested the man they say was seen on video assaulting two traffic safety agents in the Bronx in August, the New York Post reports.
Robert Gearty. Fox News. Mon, 14 Sep 2020 15:44:27 GMT.
- Self-organized autonomous vehicles can increase traffic flow - research
The study found that by-products may be increased traffic safety and fewer lane transitions.
Jerusalem Post. Wed, 02 Sep 2020 12:47:49 GMT.
Copyright © 2012-2022 Safety-News.org.org. All rights reserved.