- Aldermen ask mayor to reconsider CPD vaccine mandate over public safety concerns as deadline looms
"I don't know how the mayor in good conscience can force this to go forward, and risk sending half the police department home, and subjecting the citizens of this city to that," Chicago Police Union president said.
Wls. ABC News. Thu, 14 Oct 2021 16:44:24 +0000.
- US to warn Israel: China ties are a joint national security risk
Remaining consistent with the administration's message, US Secretary of State Antony Blinken will warn of China's investments in Israel.
Jerusalem Post. Wed, 13 Oct 2021 10:16:51 GMT.
- UK likely to adopt US-style safeguards on financial reporting following a string of collapses
The government has proposed that directors must state why they believe their company's internal controls and risk management are strong enough to ensure accurate financial reporting.
Daily Mail. Mon, 11 Oct 2021 13:50:24 GMT.
- Millions across the central US are in the path of dangerous storms this week
Over 20 million Americans are at risk of large hail, damaging winds, or even tornadoes.
KETV. Sun, 10 Oct 2021 17:06:00 GMT.
- Wisconsin traffic stop shootout highlights the risk they pose to police officers
A Wisconsin police department released footage of an officer-involved shooting, which left one cop injured and the suspect dead, to highlight the bravery of police and the dangers they face while protecting the community.
Emma Colton. Fox News. Sun, 10 Oct 2021 12:48:25 GMT.
- Repairs to sinking $350m 58-storey San Francisco tower made problem worse
After halting repairs for month project has resumed with engineers saying no risk to safety of building
Oliver O'connell. The Independent. Fri, 08 Oct 2021 22:07:27 GMT.
- Delta COVID-19 variant more dangerous for unvaccinated pregnant women: study
The delta COVID-19 variant increases the risk for complications among unvaccinated pregnant women, a recent study found.
Fox News. Fri, 08 Oct 2021 18:23:12 GMT.
- Northeast Seafood Products Recalls Seafood Products Because of Possible Health Risk
Northeast Seafood Products, Denver, CO, is voluntarily recalling certain types of seafood that were processed at our facility because they have the potential of being contaminated with Salmonella
Fda. Food and Drug Administration. Fri, 08 Oct 2021 00:00:00 EDT.
- Are Cryptocurrencies Becoming A Flight-To-Safety Play?
The high correlation between stocks and cryptos alludes to the assumption that digital currencies are a "risk-on" asset, but Bitcoin's risk profile may be shifting
Daniel Laboe. Zacks. Wed, 06 Oct 2021 21:56:00 GMT.
- Four Insider Threats Putting Every Company At Risk
Businesses need to consider insider threat prevention an integral part of their holistic cybersecurity strategy.
By Yec, Forbes Councils Member. Forbes. Wed, 06 Oct 2021 07:45:00 -0400.
The word risk is a noun. Risk means (1) a venture undertaken without regard to possible loss or injury, (2) the probability of being exposed to an infectious agent, (3) the probability of becoming infected given that exposure to an infectious agent has occurred, (4) a source of danger; a possibility of incurring loss or misfortune.
Risk is also a verb that means (1) take a risk in the hope of a favorable outcome, (2) expose to a chance of loss or damage.
Copyright © 2012-2021 Safety-News.org. All rights reserved.