- Japan under pressure to observe U.N. nuke ban treaty meeting
Japan relies on the U.S. nuclear umbrella for its security and is not one of the treaty's 86 signatory countries and regions.
Japan Times. Sat, 22 Jan 2022 15:02:17 +0900.
- Symbolic Doomsday Clock remains dangerously close to midnight
Doomsday Clock stays at 100 seconds to midnight, as scientists warn of threats of nuclear war and climate change.
Al Jazeera. Thu, 20 Jan 2022 17:50:41 +0000.
- Sweden drones: Sightings reported over nuclear plants and palace
Security services take over an inquiry into a series of sightings and it is unclear who is to blame.
BBC News. Tue, 18 Jan 2022 12:05:51 GMT.
- Russia Issues Subtle Threats More Far-Reaching Than a Ukraine Invasion
If the West fails to meet its security demands, Moscow could take measures like placing nuclear missiles close to the U.S. coastline, Russian officials have hinted.
Anton Troianovski and David E. Sanger. New York Times. Sun, 16 Jan 2022 14:48:19 +0000.
- Column: Nuclear energy backers say it's vital for the fight against global warming. Don't be so sure
Nuclear power proponents say their technology is 'green.' But the history of nuclear power is one of broken promises of safety and profitability.
Michael Hiltzik. Los Angeles Times. Thu, 6 Jan 2022 13:00:58 GMT.
- China pledges to continue to 'modernize' nuclear arsenal, calls on US, Russia to make greater cuts
China on Tuesday said it would keep modernizing its nuclear program in the name of "safety" but called on the United States and Russia to make greater cuts to their arsenal stockpiles.
Caitlin Mcfall. Fox News. Tue, 04 Jan 2022 22:25:11 GMT.
- Biden and the five permanent members of the UN security council say nuclear war 'cannot be won'
The five permanent U.N. Security Council members on Monday issued a statement saying their nuclear weapons were not aimed at each other and that a nuclear war could not be won.
Daily Mail. Mon, 03 Jan 2022 23:46:42 GMT.
- World Powers Pledge To Stop Spread Of Nuclear Weapons On Eve Of Non-Proliferation Meeting
The world's five leading nuclear powers -- all permanent members of the United Nations Security Council -- have issued a pledge to stop the spread of atomic weapons and to do all they can to ensure a nuclear war never occurs.
Radio Liberty. Mon, 03 Jan 2022 15:36:54 +0000.
- Belgium agrees to close controversial ageing nuclear reactors
The plants have for years sparked safety fears from neighbours including Germany.
BBC News. Thu, 23 Dec 2021 12:38:41 GMT.
- Biden admin's Iran nuclear talks 'not going well,' national security adviser says
National Security Advisor Jake Sullivan took an ominous tone Friday when speaking about efforts to bring Iran back in line with a 2015 nuclear agreement saying, "It's not going well."
Caitlin Mcfall. Fox News. Fri, 17 Dec 2021 22:53:40 GMT.
The word nuclear is an adjective. Nuclear means (1) constituting or like a nucleus, (2) (weapons) deriving destructive energy from the release of atomic energy, (3) of or relating to or constituting the nucleus of an atom, (4) of or relating to or constituting the nucleus of a cell.
Copyright © 2012-2022 Safety-News.org. All rights reserved.