- Hospital hit by baby death scandal did not have enough staff to keep patients safe, inspectors find
The CQC found staff numbers were so low at East Kent Hospitals Trust that midwives worked 20 hour days. Shortages meant there were not enough staff to keep women safe.
Daily Mail. Fri, 15 Oct 2021 16:37:35 +0100.
- Woman denied liver transplant because she refuses Covid vaccine
An anti-vaxxer in Ohio was the latest patient to be refused a new organ unless she gets the Covid jab as hospitals across the US adopt new transplant safety rules
Independent Staff. The Independent. Thu, 14 Oct 2021 23:06:41 GMT.
- Kaiser Permanente workers vote to authorize strike, citing staffing and safety concerns
Healthcare workers protesting staff shortages voted to authorize a strike that could affect Kaiser hospitals and clinics across Southern California.
Suhauna Hussain. Los Angeles Times. Mon, 11 Oct 2021 21:33:40 GMT.
- Russian-speaking group 'FIN12' blamed for ransomware attacks on hospitals
Ransomware attacks on hospitals during the height of the coronavirus pandemic last year were launched by "FIN12," a group of suspected Russian-speaking criminals, cybersecurity company Mandiant said Thursday. ...
Ryan Lovelace. Washington Times. Thu, 07 Oct 2021 12:00:00 -0400.
- Hospitals prepare to fire hundreds of unvaccinated workers
BOSTON (AP) – Massachusetts hospitals are preparing to fire hundreds of employees who fail to comply with COVID-19 vaccination requirements designed to protect patient safety. ...
Washington Times. Thu, 07 Oct 2021 11:04:31 -0400.
- Hospitals inquiry: Parent told child would be 'safer at another hospital'
A mother says a cancer specialist told her the best way to keep her child safe was at a unit other than Glasgow's super hospital.
BBC News. Mon, 27 Sep 2021 17:52:46 GMT.
- Hospitals inquiry: Dad claims son given 'secret' supply of drugs
A dad claims his son was given the medication to protect him from the "dangers" of a Glasgow hospital.
BBC News. Fri, 24 Sep 2021 17:26:59 GMT.
- Mass personal data theft from Paris Covid-19 tests, say hospitals
Identities, social security numbers and contact details belonging to 1.4 million people who got tests were taken.
Straits Times. Thu, 16 Sep 2021 04:18:31 +0800.
- Now that Pfizer vaccine has FDA approval, expect more companies to begin implementing workplace rules
With full federal approval for the Pfizer-BioNTech coronavirus vaccine for those 16 and older, corporate employers, the military, hospitals and other workplaces have begun announcing vaccine mandates.
ISHN. Wed, 01 Sep 2021 01:00:00 -0400.
- Louisiana braces for 'extremely dangerous' hurricane, hospitals strained by Covid-19
Hurricane Ida was expected to make landfall in the U.S. ...
News Wires. France 24. Sun, 29 Aug 2021 05:40:35 GMT.
- Chosensites.com Hospitals Page (Directory Page)
This hospitals category page lists editorially-reviewed websites and web pages that pertain to this topic.
Copyright © 2012-2021 Safety-News.org. All rights reserved.