- COVID-19 testing sites overwhelmed on the West Coast as hospitals face supply shortages
The rise in coronavirus cases is taking a toll across the West Coast with long waits for testing and hospitals running critically low on personal protective equipment and hospital beds. Jamie Yuccas takes a look.
CBS News. Tue, 07 Jul 2020 19:24:51 -0400.
- Doctors 'bullied' by hospital administration for asking to wear masks
Doctors working in major Sydney and Melbourne hospitals have accused administrators of "bullying" those who demand protective masks.
Dana Mccauley. Sydney Morning Herald. Mon, 06 Jul 2020 22:52:00 +1000.
- Coronavirus pushes U.S. hospitals to the brink as India hits record new cases
Officials at the epicenter of the worsening coronavirus crisis in the United States warned Sunday that their hospitals were in danger of being overwhelmed by ...
Japan Times. Mon, 06 Jul 2020 19:56:43 +0900.
- A second wave? Here's how FastLane is tackling supply chain challenges before it hits
The personal protective equipment supply chain caught up. Ohio hospitals are well equipped, and new shipments are coming in regularly. Now, FastLane is shifting its focus to the longer term.
Jacob Fisher. American City Business Journals. Wed, 01 Jul 2020 10:00:00 +0000.
- Public inquiry into Glasgow and Edinburgh hospitals begins in August
It will look at safety issues at the Queen Elizabeth hospital in Glasgow and a new children's hospital in Edinburgh.
BBC News. Thu, 25 Jun 2020 16:06:13 GMT.
- Coronavirus: How vulnerable are health workers in Nigeria?
Doctors in public hospitals have gone on strike, saying they lack the necessary protective equipment to tackle the pandemic.
BBC News. Wed, 17 Jun 2020 07:17:58 GMT.
- CHRISTOPHER STEVENS: Memo to revellers - it's not just Covid that's a threat to the NHS
CHRISTOPHER STEVENS: Protect the NHS. That's the three words that sum up all of Britain's determination to keep hospitals functioning throughout the coronavirus pandemic.
Daily Mail. Fri, 05 Jun 2020 01:57:04 +0100.
- Medical Workers Should Use Respirator Masks, Not Surgical Masks
The surgical masks used in risky settings like hospitals offer much less protection against the coronavirus, an analysis found.
Apoorva Mandavilli. New York Times. Wed, 03 Jun 2020 14:29:31 +0000.
- French health ministry says COVID-19 cases in hospitals slips
The French health ministry said on Monday that people should continue taking protective measures against the coronavirus even as cases in hospitals and intensive care continue to fall.
Reuters. Mon, 01 Jun 2020 14:35:58 -0400.
- COVID-19 treatment: FDA says hydroxychloroquine touted by Trump is not safe or effective
The FDA on Friday cautioned against the use of hydroxychloroquine or chloroquine for COVID-19 treatment outside of hospitals or clinical trials.
Yahoo. Tue, 19 May 2020 17:25:30 -0400.