- Tesla Under Scrutiny Over Lack of Recall After Autopilot Update
In a letter, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration reminded Tesla that federal law requires automakers to initiate recalls if they find defects that pose a safety risk.
Neal E. Boudette. New York Times. Wed, 13 Oct 2021 20:55:07 +0000.
- U.S. asks Tesla why it didn't recall Autopilot driving system
DETROIT (AP) — U.S. highway safety investigators want to know why Tesla didn't file recall paperwork when it updated its Autopilot software to better identify parked emergency vehicles. ...
Tom Krisher. Washington Times. Wed, 13 Oct 2021 06:56:05 -0400.
- 'Why drilling holes in fences can save hedgehogs'
Jennifer Manning-Ohren is turning her community into a highway to help the endangered creatures.
BBC News. Sat, 09 Oct 2021 23:03:50 GMT.
- Virginia police officer narrowly pulls partner to safety during highway crash: dashcam video
Two police officers barely dodged serious injury Sunday when a car crashed into a patrol SUV parked on the side of a highway in Gate City, Virginia.
Pilar Arias. Fox News. Thu, 07 Oct 2021 12:43:20 GMT.
- WATCH: Flames from Fawn Fire shut down California highway
Smoke and flames swirl dangerously close to a road in California as the Fawn Fire spreads. The blaze has exploded to 5,800 acres and is only 10% contained.
ABC News. Sat, 25 Sep 2021 00:06:58 -0400.
- Tesla Ordered to Turn Over Autopilot Data to Federal Safety Agency
The request by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration is part of an investigation into Tesla cars crashing into parked emergency vehicles.
Neal E. Boudette. New York Times. Wed, 01 Sep 2021 19:20:03 +0000.
- U.S. asks Tesla how Autopilot responds to emergency vehicles
DETROIT (AP) – The U.S. government's highway safety agency wants detailed information on how Tesla's Autopilot system detects and responds to emergency vehicles parked on highways. ...
Tom Krisher. Washington Times. Wed, 01 Sep 2021 08:29:40 -0400.
- Mexican security forces free 93 migrants after pulling over a tractor-trailer bound for the US
The National Guard found 93 migrants from Central America while searching a truck that had been stopped for a traffic infraction on a highway in Chiapas, Mexico, last Friday.
Daily Mail. Mon, 09 Aug 2021 22:58:55 GMT.
- New Highway Code To Rule That Motorists Should Cede Priority To Pedestrians And Cyclists
U.K. pedestrians will be at the top of a new road user hierarchy with motorists being told in the revised Highway Code that they have the greatest responsibility to reduce the danger they pose to others.
By Carlton Reid, Senior Contributor. Forbes. Thu, 29 Jul 2021 17:30:09 -0400.
- Highway Code changes to create road 'hierarchy' in bid to boost safety of walkers and cyclists
New changes to the Highway Code will create a "hierarchy of road users" in a bid to boost the safety of pedestrians and cyclists.
Sky News. Thu, 29 Jul 2021 22:01:00 +0100.
- Jumblex.org Highway Page (Directory Page)
This highway category page lists editorially-reviewed websites and web pages that pertain to this topic.
The word highway is a noun. Highway means (1) a major road for any form of motor transport.
Copyright © 2012-2021 Safety-News.org. All rights reserved.