Fire Safety News
- Cladding crisis: Norwegian wealth fund urged to pressure firms and builders
Grenfell survivors have asked a huge public fund to have 11 firms "resolve" buildings' fire safety defects.
BBC News. Mon, 17 Jan 2022 14:10:20 GMT.
- Cladding victim faces bankruptcy even if her repair bill is paid
Charlotte Meehan said owners of flats in her block in East London were being 'bled dry' by the soaring cost of interim fire safety measures that are in place while they wait for cladding repair works to begin.
Daily Mail. Fri, 14 Jan 2022 09:03:06 GMT.
- Britain Puts Onus on Developers to Pay to Fix Fire Safety Issues
After a deadly high-rise blaze in 2017, countless instances of unsafe building practices came to light. The latest plan to fix them expands who will be covered.
Megan Specia. New York Times. Mon, 10 Jan 2022 20:10:31 +0000.
- Grenfell Tower: Governments hid fire safety risks, inquiry hears
A lawyer for victims of the 2017 fire says the "concealment" of safety risks is a "major scandal".
BBC News. Mon, 06 Dec 2021 14:59:11 GMT.
- Keep your home safe from holiday decoration fires
Christmas is right around the corner, and if you're bringing a tree into your home, there are some fire safety tips that you should know.
KETV. Tue, 30 Nov 2021 04:32:00 GMT.
- WATCH: Frozen turkey bursts into flames
A frozen turkey ignites during a fire safety demonstration in Mississippi, warning people to thaw their Thanksgiving dinners before cooking.
ABC News. Thu, 25 Nov 2021 11:07:54 -0500.
- Tel Aviv Central Bus Station to close by December 5 after 5-year delay
The closure has been ordered due to its lack of fire safety measures.
Jerusalem Post. Sun, 24 Oct 2021 15:46:43 GMT.
- Long Beach school district officials fire safety officer after internal review of shooting
The Long Beach Unified School District Board of Education has unanimously voted to fire the safety officer who opened fire last month on a moving car filled with young people, killing a female passenger.
Leila Miller, Hayley Smith. Los Angeles Times. Thu, 7 Oct 2021 00:58:00 GMT.
- Crisis in the U.K. as more high-rise buildings fail fire safety tests
Twenty-seven high-rise apartment buildings in the U.K. have siding that failed fire-safety tests, British authorities revealed Saturday. ...
CBS News. Sun, 02 May 2021 14:36:10 -0400.
- Fire safety provider Barrier Cos. acquired by two New York investment firms
A Lenexa-based fire compliance company was acquired by two New York investment companies, opening the door for future growth in the health care sector.
Mary King. American City Business Journals. Wed, 28 Apr 2021 19:14:09 +0000.
Vintage Fire Extinguisher
Copyright © 2012-2022 Safety-News.org.org. All rights reserved.