Fire Safety News
- Long Beach school district officials fire safety officer after internal review of shooting
The Long Beach Unified School District Board of Education has unanimously voted to fire the safety officer who opened fire last month on a moving car filled with young people, killing a female passenger.
Leila Miller, Hayley Smith. Los Angeles Times. Thu, 7 Oct 2021 00:58:00 GMT.
- Leaseholders in blocks below 59ft will no longer need a fire safety certificate to complete sales
Housing Secretary Robert Jenrick said yesterday that those in blocks below 18 metres (59ft) would no longer need a fire safety certificate to complete sales in a U-turn that has sparked confusion.
Daily Mail. Thu, 22 Jul 2021 10:44:17 +0100.
- Homeowners to get 15 years to sue for 'shoddy' workmanship - minister
The announcement comes amid concerns leaseholders are bearing the cost of fire safety works.
BBC News. Sun, 04 Jul 2021 13:17:01 GMT.
- Grenfell councillor queried colour of cladding but not safety
But Rock Feilding-Mellen - who oversaw the tower's refurbishment - failed to engage with fire safety issues.
BBC News. Tue, 18 May 2021 15:06:12 GMT.
- Crisis in the U.K. as more high-rise buildings fail fire safety tests
Twenty-seven high-rise apartment buildings in the U.K. have siding that failed fire-safety tests, British authorities revealed Saturday. ...
CBS News. Sun, 02 May 2021 14:36:10 -0400.
- Fire safety provider Barrier Cos. acquired by two New York investment firms
A Lenexa-based fire compliance company was acquired by two New York investment companies, opening the door for future growth in the health care sector.
Mary King. American City Business Journals. Wed, 28 Apr 2021 19:14:09 +0000.
- Failures before the fires
A Tribune/BGA investigation found at least 61 people have died since 2014 in buildings where city officials knew ahead of time about fire safety problems.
Chicago Tribune. Fri, 23 Apr 2021 03:34:49 +0000.
- Watch: NASA experiments with fire in space
NASA tests fire safety measures for future space voyagers.
CBS News. Sun, 18 Apr 2021 13:18:10 -0400.
- 'Dismissive' treatment of Grenfell Tower residents is a 'disgrace'', Sadiq Khan tells public inquiry
The "dismissive" treatment of Grenfell Tower residents and their concerns about fire safety was a "total failure" and "disgrace", the mayor of London has said.
Sky News. Tue, 30 Mar 2021 14:07:00 +0100.
- Fire Safety A Hot-Bed Of M&A Activity
Private equity is fueling demand for protection, maintenance and inspection services businesses, a highly fragmented, recession-proof segment.
By Mergermarket, Contributor. Forbes. Mon, 08 Mar 2021 09:38:54 -0500.
Vintage Fire Extinguisher
Copyright © 2012-2021 Safety-News.org.org. All rights reserved.