Child Safety News
- Will DC actually regulate Facebook following the child safety concerns?
Leaked documents from a Facebook whistleblower could help some tech legislation get over the finish line, lawmakers said.
CNBC. Wed, 06 Oct 2021 15:51:44 GMT.
- TikTok investigated over alleged transfer of personal data to China and child safety
TikTok is being investigated by Ireland's Data Protection Commission - which leads the EU's regulation into the company - amid fears that user data is being transferred to China and over its approach to child safety.
Sky News. Wed, 15 Sep 2021 14:12:00 +0100.
- Apple Delays Rollout of Child Safety Features
Apple had not expected the kind of backlash the new features faced.
Coral Murphy Marcos and Kellen Browning. New York Times. Fri, 03 Sep 2021 18:25:01 +0000.
- Apple Delays Launch Of Controversial Child Pornography Scanning Tool Over Privacy Backlash
'Critically important child safety features'
Ailan Evans. Daily Caller. Fri, 03 Sep 2021 16:45:35 +0000.
- Apple delays child safety feature after criticism
Apple said on Friday it would take more time to collect feedback and improve proposed child safety features, after the criticism of the Cupertino-based firm's plans announced last month.
Daily Mail. Fri, 03 Sep 2021 16:34:47 +0100.
- Two children drown in Israel - child safety org urges caution
A two-year-old and four-year-old child drowned on Friday, the two-year-old passing away the next day.
Jerusalem Post. Sat, 21 Aug 2021 15:02:24 GMT.
- NHS calls for ban on toy neodymium magnets amid child safety fears
In England, 65 children have needed urgent surgery after swallowing magnets in the last three years.
BBC News. Fri, 28 May 2021 23:32:12 GMT.
- Internet giants threatened with enormous fines for online child safety breaches
Regulator Ofcom to be given powers to impose fine of up to 10% of turnover
Andrew Woodcock. The Independent. Tue, 11 May 2021 16:36:57 GMT.
- Warnings COVID may lead to more youths entering the child safety system
Some children are being held in youth detention because they have nowhere to go while others have been released into crisis shelters or homelessness.
Felicity Caldwell. Sydney Morning Herald. Tue, 23 Mar 2021 23:00:00 +1100.
- Poison Control calls up 70% since start of coronavirus pandemic, child safety group says
Calls to the Poison Control Centers are up 70% since the starts of the COVID-19 pandemic, one nonprofit child safety group said.
Samantha Chatman. ABC News. Thu, 01 Oct 2020 13:50:40 +0000.
Child Wearing a Bicycle Safety Helmet
Copyright © 2012-2021 Safety-News.org.org. All rights reserved.