- Hospitals inquiry: Parent told child would be 'safer at another hospital'
A mother says a cancer specialist told her the best way to keep her child safe was at a unit other than Glasgow's super hospital.
BBC News. Mon, 27 Sep 2021 17:52:46 GMT.
- Asbestos safety measures for construction workers
Each year, members of the cancer community recognize Mesothelioma Awareness Day (MAD) by spreading awareness about the disease. Mesothelioma is a preventable type of cancer caused by exposure to asbestos. ...
ISHN. Mon, 27 Sep 2021 10:00:00 -0400.
- Most women aren't getting regular tests for cancer, other dangerous diseases, survey shows
A new multiyear, global survey of women's health shows that most women aren't getting regular tests or screenings for cancer and other dangerous diseases that kill millions of people every year.
Julia Musto. Fox News. Tue, 21 Sep 2021 19:23:44 GMT.
- Tory MP James Brokenshire, 53, reveals his lung cancer has 'progressed'
The politician resigned as security minister on July 7 after telling Boris Johnson that his recovery from lung cancer surgery in February was taking 'longer than expected'.
Daily Mail. Tue, 31 Aug 2021 15:07:15 +0100.
- Enzyme may hold the secrets to understanding cancer and viral infections - study
The enzyme protects cells against viral infections, while also enhancing cancer.
Jerusalem Post. Thu, 19 Aug 2021 10:17:51 GMT.
- Parents of child fighting cancer worried about lack of hospital beds due to COVID-19
With hospitalizations spiking in Louisiana, and many of those patients unvaccinated, the parents are concerned their child cannot be safely treated.
KETV. Thu, 12 Aug 2021 19:10:00 GMT.
- Striking USC nurses demand more staff and training, cite 'profound patient safety issues'
Nearly 1,400 registered nurses at USC's Keck Hospital and USC Norris Cancer Hospital in L.A. went on a two-day strike, protesting staffing issues some say put patients at risk.
Carly Olson. Los Angeles Times. Wed, 14 Jul 2021 17:30:17 -0400.
- Security minister resigns to focus on cancer recovery
James Brokenshire stands down as security minister as lung cancer treatment takes "longer than expected".
BBC News. Wed, 07 Jul 2021 15:52:30 GMT.
- Blood cancer patients not told coronavirus jab might not protect them, charity warns
People with blood cancer are unaware they might not be fully protected by the COVID-19 vaccine, a charity has warned.
Sky News. Thu, 01 Jul 2021 22:43:00 +0100.
- On-the-Job Exercise May Help Protect Against Heart Disease and Cancer
Men who had physically demanding jobs lived, on average, about a year longer than those who were deskbound.
Gretchen Reynolds. New York Times. Wed, 02 Jun 2021 09:00:07 +0000.
- Chosensites.com Cancer Page (Directory Page)
This cancer category page lists editorially-reviewed websites and web pages that pertain to this topic.
The word cancer is a noun. Cancer means (1) any malignant growth or tumor caused by abnormal and uncontrolled cell division; it may spread to other parts of the body through the lymphatic system or the blood stream.
Copyright © 2012-2021 Safety-News.org. All rights reserved.