- Outrage as NHS pilots service staffed by nurses for patients who can't get a GP appointment
Maria Caulfield, minister for patient safety and primary care, told the Health and Social Care Committee the NHS is piloting cancer hotlines staffed by specialists as a route for rapid diagnosis.
Daily Mail. Thu, 20 Jan 2022 18:08:57 +0000.
- Safety clinical trial shows possible increased risk of cancer with weight-loss medicine Belviq, Belviq XR (lorcaserin)
Listen to an audio podcast of the January 14, 2020 FDA Drug Safety Communication titled "Safety clinical trial shows possible increased risk of cancer with weight-loss medicine Belviq, Belviq XR (lorcaserin).
Fda. Food and Drug Administration. Thu, 20 Jan 2022 09:43:53 EST.
- FDA adds warning to breast implants in safety push
Patients will now have to complete a checklist showing they understand the potential risks, including memory loss, fatigue, joint pain, tiredness and cancer
Jade Bremner. The Independent. Thu, 28 Oct 2021 15:50:51 GMT.
- As Breast Cancer Awareness Month comes to end, Chicago doctor discusses new research
Many advances have been made in treatment, including in radiology and chemotherapy, when it comes to breast cancer, he said. It is safer and faster than before.
Wls. ABC News. Mon, 25 Oct 2021 18:43:05 +0000.
- Hospitals inquiry: Parent told child would be 'safer at another hospital'
A mother says a cancer specialist told her the best way to keep her child safe was at a unit other than Glasgow's super hospital.
BBC News. Mon, 27 Sep 2021 17:52:46 GMT.
- Asbestos safety measures for construction workers
Each year, members of the cancer community recognize Mesothelioma Awareness Day (MAD) by spreading awareness about the disease. Mesothelioma is a preventable type of cancer caused by exposure to asbestos. ...
ISHN. Mon, 27 Sep 2021 10:00:00 -0400.
- Most women aren't getting regular tests for cancer, other dangerous diseases, survey shows
A new multiyear, global survey of women's health shows that most women aren't getting regular tests or screenings for cancer and other dangerous diseases that kill millions of people every year.
Julia Musto. Fox News. Tue, 21 Sep 2021 19:23:44 GMT.
- Enzyme may hold the secrets to understanding cancer and viral infections - study
The enzyme protects cells against viral infections, while also enhancing cancer.
Jerusalem Post. Thu, 19 Aug 2021 10:17:51 GMT.
- Parents of child fighting cancer worried about lack of hospital beds due to COVID-19
With hospitalizations spiking in Louisiana, and many of those patients unvaccinated, the parents are concerned their child cannot be safely treated.
KETV. Thu, 12 Aug 2021 19:10:00 GMT.
- Striking USC nurses demand more staff and training, cite 'profound patient safety issues'
Nearly 1,400 registered nurses at USC's Keck Hospital and USC Norris Cancer Hospital in L.A. went on a two-day strike, protesting staffing issues some say put patients at risk.
Carly Olson. Los Angeles Times. Wed, 14 Jul 2021 17:30:17 -0400.
- Chosensites.com Cancer Page (Directory Page)
This cancer category page lists editorially-reviewed websites and web pages that pertain to this topic.
The word cancer is a noun. Cancer means (1) any malignant growth or tumor caused by abnormal and uncontrolled cell division; it may spread to other parts of the body through the lymphatic system or the blood stream.
Copyright © 2012-2022 Safety-News.org. All rights reserved.