- John Yarmuth, Budget Committee chairman, retires amid Dem infighting over $3.5T social spending bill
The Democratic chairman of the House Budget Committee announced his retirement from Congress on Tuesday amid the party's infighting over President Biden's $3.5 trillion expansion of the federal safety net. Rep. ...
Haris Alic. Washington Times. Tue, 12 Oct 2021 15:10:00 -0400.
- House Speaker Nancy Pelosi suggests Democrats could cut major pieces of Biden's economic plan
Democrats are looking for ways to cut costs from their $3.5 trillion social safety net and climate bill in order to win votes.
CNBC. Tue, 12 Oct 2021 18:24:03 GMT.
- Facebook whistleblower Frances Haugen will give evidence in Britain
The 37-year-old former data scientist at the US tech firm will speak to Parliament's joint committee in London on the draft Online Safety Bill on October 25 from 2.30pm.
Daily Mail. Tue, 12 Oct 2021 12:58:25 GMT.
- New York City mayor Bill de Blasio treated security detail like a 'concierge service', says watchdog
Members of his detail helped his daughter move to a new home and shuttled his son to and from college.
Straits Times. Fri, 08 Oct 2021 00:59:43 +0800.
- Hyde Amendment is flashpoint in fight over social safety net bill
The Hyde Amendment restricts taxpayer dollars from supporting abortions in most cases.
CBS News. Wed, 06 Oct 2021 07:22:56 -0400.
- Biden sets $1.9 - $2.2 trillion social safety net bill price range
That's between the $1.5 trillion moderate Senator Joe Manchin has said he'd back and the $3.5 trillion progressives want. The president laid out the guideposts in a virtual meeting with the Progressive caucus.
CBS News. Tue, 05 Oct 2021 19:32:00 -0400.
- Pelosi Plans Infrastructure Vote as Safety Net Bill Remains Mired in Rifts
The move amounted to a gamble that liberals who have balked at allowing the infrastructure bill to move on its own would support it in a planned vote on Thursday.
Emily Cochrane. New York Times. Tue, 28 Sep 2021 14:51:54 +0000.
- Panel OKs Dems' $3.5T bill, crunch time for Biden agenda
Democrats have pushed a $3.5 trillion, 10-year bill strengthening social safety net and climate programs through the House Budget Committee
Via Ap News Wire. The Independent. Sun, 26 Sep 2021 04:09:44 GMT.
- Panel debates Dems' $3.5T bill, crunch time for Biden agenda
Democrats are pushing a $3.5 trillion, 10-year bill strengthening social safety net and climate programs toward House Budget Committee approval
Via Ap News Wire. The Independent. Sat, 25 Sep 2021 20:03:39 GMT.
- Democrats Face Tough Choices as They Look to Shrink Safety Net Bill
With moderates insisting that the cost of the measure dip below $3.5 trillion, Democrats have a number of options for scaling back their plan. None of them are easy.
Emily Cochrane. New York Times. Fri, 24 Sep 2021 00:00:55 +0000.
The word bill is a noun. Bill means (1) the entertainment offered at a public presentation, (2) horny projecting mouth of a bird, (3) a brim that projects to the front to shade the eyes, (4) a long-handled saw with a curved blade, (5) a list of particulars (as a playbill or bill of fare), (6) an itemized statement of money owed for goods shipped or services rendered, (7) a statute in draft before it becomes law, (8) a sign posted in a public place as an advertisement, (9) an advertisement (usually printed on a page or in a leaflet) intended for wide distribution, (10) a piece of paper money (especially one issued by a central bank).
Bill is also a verb that means (1) advertise especially by posters or placards, (2) publicize or announce by placards, (3) demand payment.
Copyright © 2012-2021 Safety-News.org. All rights reserved.