- Democrats' Ukraine bill touts 'inviolability of borders,' while party ignores US border crisis
Legislation being moved by House and Senate Democrats will stand up for the "inviolability of borders" in Ukraine, while the party largely ignores the security situation at the porous U.S. border.
Adam Shaw. Fox News. Wed, 26 Jan 2022 16:20:51 GMT.
- Biden will host CEOs at the White House to promote his stalled Build Back Better bill
The CEOs of General Motors, Ford and Microsoft are expected to say publicly why they support the social safety net bill currently stalled in the Senate.
CNBC. Wed, 26 Jan 2022 13:07:08 GMT.
- Reps. Malliotakis, Davis introduce bill to bar TSA from allowing migrants to use warrants to board planes
Two House Republicans on Tuesday introduced legislation that would block the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) from allowing illegal immigrants to use arrest warrants to board flights.
Adam Shaw. Fox News. Tue, 25 Jan 2022 18:38:30 GMT.
- Draft Online Safety Bill won't protect freedom of speech, says report
Dawn Alford, executive director of the Society of Editors, said the draft Bill is 'insufficient to protect freedom of expression' and had to take account of the 'fast nature of today's news process'.
Daily Mail. Tue, 25 Jan 2022 16:02:48 +0000.
- Calls for Andrew to pay security bill after being cast adrift by monarchy
The Duke of York was stripped of his remaining patronages and honorary military roles.
Tony Jones. The Independent. Fri, 14 Jan 2022 18:30:54 GMT.
- The AI Bill Of Rights: Protecting Americans From The Dangers Of Artificial Intelligence
The White House is proposing an AI Bill of Rights to guard against these problems and ensure AI systems do not harm the people.
By Glenn Gow, Contributor. Forbes. Sun, 09 Jan 2022 06:00:00 -0500.
- New $768 Billion Defense Bill Removes Cryptocurrencies From National Strategy Against Terrorists
As of yesterday, President Biden signed a $768 billion defense policy bill into law that signals to the Pentagon critical issues for national security and a whopping $740 billion to the Department of Defense.
By Jason Brett, Contributor. Forbes. Tue, 28 Dec 2021 23:25:58 -0500.
- Democrats' social spending bill falters ahead of holiday deadline
Democrats' hopes of getting President Biden's social safety net and climate plan through the Senate by Christmas are waning amid intraparty division.
Jennifer Haberkorn, Eli Stokols. Los Angeles Times. Thu, 16 Dec 2021 22:24:03 GMT.
- Biden's Build Back Better bill suddenly in serious danger
President Biden's $2 trillion climate and social spending bill, which appeared to have strong momentum when it passed the House a month ago, now appears to be in real danger of collapsing in the Senate.Democratic ...
Alexander Bolton. The Hill. Thu, 16 Dec 2021 18:34:05 +0000.
- Online Safety Bill: New offences and tighter rules
The next stage of the landmark Online Safety Bill recommends major changes and tougher regulation.
BBC News. Tue, 14 Dec 2021 00:05:44 GMT.
The word bill is a noun. Bill means (1) the entertainment offered at a public presentation, (2) horny projecting mouth of a bird, (3) a brim that projects to the front to shade the eyes, (4) a long-handled saw with a curved blade, (5) a list of particulars (as a playbill or bill of fare), (6) an itemized statement of money owed for goods shipped or services rendered, (7) a statute in draft before it becomes law, (8) a sign posted in a public place as an advertisement, (9) an advertisement (usually printed on a page or in a leaflet) intended for wide distribution, (10) a piece of paper money (especially one issued by a central bank).
Bill is also a verb that means (1) advertise especially by posters or placards, (2) publicize or announce by placards, (3) demand payment.
Copyright © 2012-2022 Safety-News.org. All rights reserved.