- Court sides with sanctuary cities in fight over grants
CHICAGO (AP) - The federal government cannot withhold public safety grants from cities that refuse to cooperate with President Donald Trump's ...
Daily Mail. Thu, 19 Apr 2018 23:52:02 +0100.
- Federal court rules against Trump's sanctuary city crackdown efforts
A federal appeals court in Illinois ruled Thursday the Trump administration could not withhold public safety grants from cities solely because those cities had so-called "sanctuary" policies protecting illegal immigrants.
Samuel Chamberlain. Fox News. Thu, 19 Apr 2018 23:15:00 GMT.
- The Latest: Trump administration vows to fight injunction
CHICAGO (AP) - The Latest on battle between sanctuary cities and the Trump administration over public safety funds. (all times local): 5:10 p.m. ...
Washington Times. Thu, 19 Apr 2018 17:54:57 -0400.
- Report: Officers killed hostage in San Antonio-area standoff
A Texas Department of Public Safety report says the agency's SWAT officers killed an 84-year-old woman last month after mistaking her for her son who had engaged authorities in a standoff at their San Antonio-area home.
Fox News. Sat, 07 Apr 2018 22:07:02 GMT.
- House committee to debate raising age for rifle purchases
MONTGOMERY, Ala. (AP) - Alabama lawmakers will discuss whether to raise the minimum age to buy an AR-15, or similar rifle, from 18 to 21. The House Public Safety Committee on Wednesday will debate the bill by Rep. ...
Washington Times. Wed, 21 Mar 2018 03:17:44 -0400.
- Court Ruling On Texas Anti-Sanctuary City Law Sets The Stage For More Legal Battles
An appeals court backs a Texas law banning sanctuary city policies. Supporters of the ban say public safety is at stake. Opponents say it opens the door to racial profiling.
Richard Gonzales. NPR. Wed, 14 Mar 2018 22:28:17 -0400.
- Sonim Reinforces Commitment to Public Safety Sector at IWCE 2018
ORLANDO, Fla.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--#IWCE--Sonim announced two devices last week in support of the public safety sector. This week they are exhibiting at IWCE with 30+ ecosystem partners.
Business Wire. Wed, 7 Mar 2018 13:00:00 UTC.
- Federal government announces $30M for mental health initiatives for public safety workers
The federal government has announced $30 million in funding over five years for a University of Regina-based research institute to work on mental health initiatives for public safety workers.
Canadian Broadcasting Corporation. Fri, 2 Mar 2018 16:33:04 EST.
- Australian organizations join "The Melbourne Shield" to help create a safer city
RMIT University, Deakin University and Vicinity Centres first to sign-up to new public safety initiative launched by BlackBerry and its partner, Crisis Shield
Marketwire. Mon, 04 Dec 2017 16:00:00 EST.