- Greece to tear down illegal fences for better fire safety
Authorities in Greece will start demolishing dozens of illegal fences and other structures in the wider Athens region next week in a crackdown on building without permits that follows the country's deadliest forest fire in decades.
Costas Kantouris and Elena Becatoros. Fox News. Fri, 03 Aug 2018 14:22:39 GMT.
- How Tesla and Other EV Battery Fires Challenge First-Responder Tactics
A new National Transportation Safety Board report on the fatal Florida crash of a Tesla Model S highlights the unique fire safety challenges posed by the batteries that power electric cars. In ...
Jeff Plungis. Consumer Reports. Wed, 27 Jun 2018 18:13:24 -0400.
- Glasgow School of Art fire safety system 'was weeks away'
A trade body says pumps for a fire suppression system were on site the day before the Glasgow School of Art blaze.
BBC News. Sun, 24 Jun 2018 17:47:45 GMT.
- The papers: Art school builder concerns
The Herald highlights criticism of Kier Construction over past fire safety failings on a major project.
BBC News. Tue, 19 Jun 2018 06:28:08 GMT.
- The Iroquois Theater Disaster Killed Hundreds and Changed Fire Safety Forever
The deadly conflagration ushered in a series of reforms that are still visible today
Smithsonian. Tue, 12 Jun 2018 16:05:32 +0000.
- Campaigners fear Grenfell review will not deliver...
Dame Judith Hackitt will publish recommendations for overhauling building regulations and fire safety after 10-month probe.
Daily Mail. Thu, 17 May 2018 02:46:39 +0100.
- Grenfell report: No ban on combustible cladding
The combustible insulation and cladding that burned on Grenfell Tower will not be banned if the government accepts the findings of the official review into building regulations and fire safety in England.
Sky News. Wed, 16 May 2018 23:48:00 +0100.
- Many Airbnb rentals in U.S. cities lack fire safety features
(Reuters Health) - Even though most rooms and homes rented through Airbnb in major U.S. cities have smoke detectors, only about half have carbon monoxide detectors and even fewer have fire extinguishers or first aid kits, a new study suggests.
Reuters. Mon, 07 May 2018 18:45:02 -0400.
- 'It's a start:' Ontario Indigenous firefighters note some progress in First Nations fire safety
The organization representing Indigenous firefighters across Ontario says there's been more government action in the past couple of years to help improve fire safety in First Nations communities but a lot of work still needs to be done.
Canadian Broadcasting Corporation. Wed, 4 Apr 2018 07:00:00 EDT.