- Deadly Little Village fire brings attention back to fire safety
Chicago Fire investigators said they did find a smoke detector in the building where a fire over the weekend killed 10 children, but it was not working.
ABC News. Thu, 30 Aug 2018 02:18:35 UTC.
- Chicago firefighters work to remind families about fire safety
Chicago firefighters are reminding families about the importance of smoke detectors after 10 children died in a Little Village fire Sunday.
ABC News. Wed, 29 Aug 2018 17:14:56 UTC.
- Greece to tear down illegal fences for better fire safety
Authorities in Greece will start demolishing dozens of illegal fences and other structures in the wider Athens region next week in a crackdown on building without permits that follows the country's deadliest forest fire in decades.
Costas Kantouris and Elena Becatoros. Fox News. Fri, 03 Aug 2018 14:22:39 GMT.
- How Tesla and Other EV Battery Fires Challenge First-Responder Tactics
A new National Transportation Safety Board report on the fatal Florida crash of a Tesla Model S highlights the unique fire safety challenges posed by the batteries that power electric cars. In ...
Jeff Plungis. Consumer Reports. Wed, 27 Jun 2018 18:13:24 -0400.
- Glasgow School of Art fire safety system 'was weeks away'
A trade body says pumps for a fire suppression system were on site the day before the Glasgow School of Art blaze.
BBC News. Sun, 24 Jun 2018 17:47:45 GMT.
- The papers: Art school builder concerns
The Herald highlights criticism of Kier Construction over past fire safety failings on a major project.
BBC News. Tue, 19 Jun 2018 06:28:08 GMT.
- The Iroquois Theater Disaster Killed Hundreds and Changed Fire Safety Forever
The deadly conflagration ushered in a series of reforms that are still visible today
Smithsonian. Tue, 12 Jun 2018 16:05:32 +0000.
- Campaigners fear Grenfell review will not deliver...
Dame Judith Hackitt will publish recommendations for overhauling building regulations and fire safety after 10-month probe.
Daily Mail. Thu, 17 May 2018 02:46:39 +0100.
- Grenfell report: No ban on combustible cladding
The combustible insulation and cladding that burned on Grenfell Tower will not be banned if the government accepts the findings of the official review into building regulations and fire safety in England.
Sky News. Wed, 16 May 2018 23:48:00 +0100.